What do you like to fix for dinner or eat for dinner on Friday nights? Often times in our house it’s PIZZA NIGHT on Friday’s! However, my hubby is gluten sensitive so we have to be a little more careful with the ingredients. Since I mentioned it though, if you have any GF tips please share in the comment section! We must stick together!
I’ll share the recipe at the end of today’s post. In the meantime though, I would love to share with you what Mom and Dad did for Ryan for his birthday (which is in a week!). Ryan E. loves to garden and watch plants come to life! When we lived in Louisville he redid the landscaping around our apartments and created a beautiful curb side view. In Branson he bought me rose bushes for our one year anniversary and had to dig up and haul 5 five-gallon buckets full of rocks away just to be able to plant the bushes! It was truly a labor a love!
Knowing all of this, Mom and Dad drove us down to Vintage Hill Farm near Franklin, Mo. It is BEAUTIFUL! They have more flowers than you can imagine and so many unique breeds!
Mom and Dad had another surprise for us! They continued driving us south after leaving the nursery and turned left down a beautiful road which curved around well cared for farms, homes and land. I was slowly beginning to catch on to the destination based upon a recent description when these amazing creatures appeared…
The Budweiser Clydesdales! We had arrived at Warm Springs Ranch! They were booked that day for tours, however, we could still see many Clydesdales from the road and some young colts as well!
Yesterday we found out through Facebook that a new colt had been born Sunday night! It might have happened while we were there!
(Photo courtesy of Warm Springs Ranch)
We are hoping to book a tour someday and see these magnificent animals up close and personal!
In the meantime, it will soon be Friday night again and possibly some more GF Pizza will be on the menu! Here’s what I like to use to make it…
- Bisquick GF Baking Mix (Wal-Mart and most grocers carry this handy-dandy mix)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder with Parsley (No MSG)
- 1 small can Tomato Sauce (no additives, including flour)
- 1 lb Britt Farms Natural Ground Beef (no added hormones, no antibiotics)
- 1 C Cheddar Cheese
- 1 C Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni (not pictured above)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 T Italian Seasoning (I like to use seasonings from the Amish/Mennonite/Dutch stores, there is really nice one over toward Brookfield, MO!)
1. Follow the directions for the Pizza Crust on the side of the Bisquick Box.
2. Brown hamburger while dough is baking.
3. Once dough has baked, spread sauce evenly and sprinkle with brown sugar.
4. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly on top of sauce.
5. Add browned hamburger.
6. Top with pepperoni slices (as many as you prefer).
7. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
8. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
9. Bake for the extra 15 minutes.
10. Slice and devour! (Within moderation)
* We enjoy our pizza dipped in applesauce! My nephew enjoys his dipped in ranch!